Cedarbrae Community Cleanup September 21, 2019
September 21 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Bring your trash and/or recyclables to the Cedarbrae Community Centre parking lot.
City crews and community volunteers will be on hand to help you unload and direct you to the appropriate waste or recycling truck. Please review Community Cleanup and Recycling guideline information at City of Calgary website.
City garbage trucks will not accept:
- Car batteries
- Glass (e.g. window panes, glass table tops)
- Household appliances with Freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- Liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- Large metal items (e.g. lawnmowers, barbeques)
- Rail way ties
- Sod or dirt
- Household hazardous waste including:
- Propane tanks
- Automobile, cleaning, healthcare, and gardening chemicals
- Household hazardous waste materials can be brought directly to a household hazardous waste drop-off location.
Items for recycling
Some cleanups may accept additional items for recycling. They may also organize a “free store” where you can drop off and/or select items for donations – free of charge. Check your community association website for details. These items include:
- Baby care seats
- Cell phones and cell phone batteries
- Paper shredding
- Home appliances (free store item)
- Home electronics
- Large pieces of furniture
- Scrap metal (e.g. barbeques, lawnmowers, and filing cabinets)
- Televisions (TV)
- Laptops, notebooks and tablets
- Desktop computers
- Printers, scanners and fax machines
- Computer monitors
Other electrical items cannot be accepted.